WHEN FITTING YOUR MOGO MOUTHGUARD, IT IS IMPORTANT TO USE THE CORRECT WATER TEMPERATURE TO SOFTEN THE MOUTHGUARD. THE WATER SHOULD BE APPROXIMATELY 180 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT-EQUIVALENT TO THE TEMPERATURE OF WATER USED FOR COFFEE OR HOT TEA. SUBMERGE THE MOUTHGUARD FOR NO MORE THAN 40-50 SECONDS.
DO NOT CHEW OR TRIM YOUR MOUTHGUARD. NOT FOR USE WITH BRACES.
The MoGo mouthguard is designed to be worn on the upper teeth and must be fitted properly to protect, fit and last. If not worn properly, its protection and flavor will be reduced.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Pot of hot water
- Bowl of ice water
- Glass of room-temperature water
- A watch with seconds display
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING
- Fill a bowl with 3-4 inches of ice water. Fill a glass with 3-4 inches of room temperature water.
- Fill a pot with 5 inches of water and heat to approximately 180 degrees (equivalent to water used for hot tea or coffee). Remove water from heat source.
- Attach the tether strap to mouthguard.
- Submerge mouthguard into hot water for no more than 40-50 seconds.
- Carefully remove mouthguard from hot water and place in glass of room temperature water for 1-2 seconds max.
- After licking your lips, immediately place the mouthguard in your mouth.
- Using a mirror, line up the mouthguard with the center of your upper teeth. Ensure proper alignment by using fingers to press the mouthguard up and back toward the roof of your mouth.
- Close mouth while biting down firmly. Suck in strongly to draw out all air and water in the guard. While biting down, use fingers to continually press against your lips and cheeks for 40 seconds to push the material upward and tight against your teeth and gums. Leave in your mouth for approximately another 40 seconds.
- Remove mouthguard and place in ice water for 5 minutes to set the material. Replace into mouth and test for a secure fit. Tether can be removed.
- Repeat steps 1-9 if fit is not perfect.